Chase just continues to churn out very attractive travel credit cards – British Airways, United Airlines, the Ultimate Reward cards, Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, Hyatt,
Southwest, Priority Club – and now, the new Fairmont Visa Signature card. This card was introduced this year as a partnership between Fairmont Hotels and Chase. Here is the application link (I do not receive a commission for this card)
If you are not familiar with Fairmont hotels, they are luxury hotels located in high profile places around the world. They have 67 current locations throughout the world with a healthy number of them in Canada and the US. The typical nightly rate is around $500 and can go north of that as well. They have some absolutely beautiful locations and settings for their hotels. One of the more famous hotels might be the Plaza Hotel in New York City – this is the type of quality that exists within the Fairmont brand.
So, what is the deal with the card itself? Here are some of the details of this great new offer:
- 2 Complimentary Night Stays including breakfast for two
- Annual Fee Waived for first year ($95 a year)
- Enjoy the two nights after spending $1,000 in 3 months
- Automatic upgrade to Fairmont Premier Membership Status
- Complimentary Annual Lounge Membership (plus 2 free visits per year at over 350 VIP Airport lounges)
- 1 Complimentary night each year on card anniversary (after spending $12,000 in that year)
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
So, what do I think about this card offer? I think it is a very good card to add to your collection. There are a couple of things that stick out with it:
- Foreign Transaction Fee – this is yet another card from Chase that waives this 3% fee. As someone who is moving overseas, this makes it valuable to me.
- Annual Complimentary Night – this is one of the first cards to offer something like this with such a high, minimum annual spend. To be honest, I like it. Other hotel cards offer similar free nights, but they are restricted to lower category hotels. Since Fairmont does not have categories, this free night can be used at any of their properties. This makes it a lot more valuable. I wish other hotel cards would have a spending threshold in which they would offer a higher category free night on the anniversary.
- Annual Lounge Membership – this allows you to pay a lower price for access at airport lounges (with the membership) and it also gives 2 free visits. This is a great added value to the card.
- 2 Complimentary Nights with Breakfast for Two – The two nights is typical, but the added breakfast is a very nice touch. These two nights with breakfast could put this card at well over $1,000 value without even trying.
- As a signature card, I believe there is a minimum $5,000 credit line required. Make sure that you have enough credit lines with Chase to allow some to be moved if necessary.
Overall, the Fairmont Hotel Chase credit card is a great card offer. It will allow you to stay at some very nice properties all over the world. I have wanted to stay a couple of different Fairmont properties before but was not able to do so due to price. With this card, that does not become a factor anymore. So, I will look to add this card to my collection. Below are a few photos of some Fairmont properties to wet your appetite.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.