It has been another good week and thanks for coming along on the ride! I have enjoyed getting some miles and points things lined up this week for trips this year and have a couple that I am really excited about.
One of the things that I really want to do on the blog this year is to bring more multimedia onboard. There are a lot of great things that miles and points allow us to see for next to nothing and I want to be able to bring that to everyone captured in a way that makes it more clear.
BTW, if you like seeing some fantastic photography for travel and airlines/hotels, check out fellow BoardingArea blogger Andy’s Travel Blog. He has some great work on his site!
Anyway, here are the posts that appeared here on the blog this week, in case you may have missed something that might interest you.
Miles, Points, & Travel
- Now Get 3% Bonus On Prepaid Amex Card With TopCashBack Payout – If you use TopCashBack, here is a great way to get even more money back from your purchases! You can now select a prepaid Amex card and get a 3% bonus on your payout!
- Last Chance To Match Up To Hilton Diamond Status – [Expired] This lasted for quite a while and is now over. Great opportunity to get Hilton Diamond and I am looking forward to putting mine to the test this year.
- Travel “Oops”: A Passport Tear By An Official & What Qualifies As A “Damaged” Passport – Sometimes things happen when you travel that you have no control over. Here is a story of one of those things and also what qualifies as a damaged passport in case you are ever in the same situation.
- Delta Award Sale: 45K Miles Roundtrip To London, But Is It A Good Deal? – While it is normally United that churns out sales on award travel, Delta has one going now. But, is it a good deal? Check the post for some analysis on this deal.
- Google Nexus 6 For $249 – Perfect For Google Fi & Cheap Global Data – If you want to get in on the Google Fi program, this is the cheapest way to get one of the necessary phones for the base plan. These sales come and go so make sure you keep your eyes open!
- The JetBlue Sale Is Back – Tickets From $34 – [Expired] Apparently JetBlue loved their sale so much that they brought it back again for another round!
- How To Gain Entry To The (Sold Out) 2016 Paris Marathon Using Only Miles – If you want to run this year’s Paris Marathon, here is a way you can get into this sold out race – without paying any money or running as part of a charity!
- Do You Know Where Ryanair Is Taking You? – Ryanair is certainly a cheap way to get around but it would serve you well to do your homework and check where you are really going!
- Do You Have A Chase Southwest Plus Referral Offer? Get Them Out Here! – There are Southwest Plus offers around by referral and this is an open post if you can give out those referrals. Remember, this is only for the Plus, not the Premier card.
- Southwest Plus [Public] Offer For 40,000 Points – While it is not the 50K offer, here is a 40K offer that might serve you well in the meantime!
- 2015: A Look At Mileage Goals Achieved & Some Surprise Ones Realized – Here is an overview of the miles I covered in 2015. Again, I ended up flying over 100,000 even though the middle part of the year was slow with travel. Check out the goals that I was able to achieve with my miles and what I missed!
- How That Extra Bag May NOT Cost That Much (Or Anything) When Traveling Internationally! – It can often cost $100 or more to check an extra bag on international trips to certain destinations. Here is how you can find out and why it may not cost that much money at all for that extra bag!
- No-Fee Hilton Card Offers: 60,000 Points & 50,000 Points + $50 – The no-fee Hilton card from American Express is out with two great point offers. One of them will even pay you money!
- The Best Economy AAdvantage Awards To Book Soon – The AA mega devaluation is coming in March. While a lot of the attention is on the premium awards, here are some of the best economy awards you want to book before this happens.
- Save $100 On $600 At Hotels With New Amex Offer – This is a great offer open to all and will give you $100 back on a hotel reservation on a bill of $600 or more.
- 5 Tips To Make International Travel With Children Easier – Traveling with your children is a great way to see the world together, but it can be difficult when they are younger. Here are some tips to help make that travel easier.
- How To Get 3,000 JetBlue Points (worth $42 or more) For $15 (Plus Access To Many Digital Magazines) – Here is a nice little opportunity where you can get 3,000 JetBlue points without even leaving your house!
- Fly Emirates A380 First Class For Less Than $600 (4 Hour Flight) – A lot of people would like to try out Emirates famous A380 first class and here is how you can do it for under $600 (even if it is for 4 hours)!
- Great Deal: 18X AA Miles At Backcountry [GoPros, Outdoor Gear, & More] – It is back! Another chance to get a lot of AA miles on your purchases from Backcountry. Do not miss out on this chance to earn an incredible 18X AA miles!
That’s it for this week! Thanks so much for reading along and commenting. I always enjoy having others join the discussion here. Hope you have a great week ahead and may it be filled with a lot of points and miles earning and even some burning!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.