Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
Hilton HHonors is moving away from pin to a password and, effective April 1, all members will be made to use a password. Because they want to encourage members to change to a new password sooner rather than later, after a couple of failed attempts, Hilton has launched a promo that will give you 1,000 HHonor points – just for changing your password!
Here is what you need to do to get the 1,000 points – and it only takes 60 seconds!
- Visiting www.HHonors.com/Login with your current username or HHonors number and existing password/PIN.
- On the left-hand side, under the My Profile section, click “Personal Information.”
- If you have a password, select “Change Password;” if you do not have a password, select “create username and password.”
- Your new password must be at least eight characters, contain at least one upper case letter, and contain at least one number or one special character.
- Remember to choose a unique password and update it regularly to protect your personal information.
- You must do this before March 25th in order to be eligible to earn the 1,000 points!
And that’s it! The terms say that the points will be delivered into your account within the next 6-8 weeks (though will most likely be deposited before that).
You need to change from a pin to password anyway, so might as well do it now when you can earn 1,000 points. True, 1,000 Hilton points is not the same as 1,000 Hyatt points, but for 60 seconds, it is hard to pass up! Remember, you can nickel and dime your way to free travel! Not only that, but it will reset the clock on your points expiration!
For more information, check this thread at Flyertalk.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.