Blogging is a wonderful, fun activity that allows for the sharing of information across the internet. I have been fortunate to learn a lot on various hobbies and activities from reading blogs over the years. Over the past few years, I have enjoyed writing and sharing information here as well.
Dealing With Tips And Tricks (that may be better kept quiet)
The problem that arises is that there are some things that may be better kept quiet than plastered on a blog. Bloggers have been dealing with that quandary for a long time with the bloggers handling that question in various ways.
Here are the two sides of the problem:
- Sharing info – by sharing information on blogs, it allows many more people to take advantage of the deals and tricks. It is a great way to help a lot of people. But, the deal may not last that long with this method.
- Not sharing info – by not sharing the information on a blog, you allow the tips and tricks to retain a longer life. But, it also will not help as many people.
In the end, both sides of the problem will most likely see the same amount of people taking advantage of the tips and tricks so the only question comes down to how long the deal lasts. By sharing info on a public blog, the information gets disseminated quicker and, if more people take advantage of it in a short time, it can raise red flags.
What To Do?
That brings me to how to handle this situation. I have had a couple of deals under my hat for some time now and have not written about them yet because I am unsure if that is the best way to handle it.
This week, I came across another tip/trick/workaround that can save money on certain award tickets. While I have not found anything on the internet about it, I do not think it is because no one else knows about it. I think there are those that know about it but they have kept it quiet to keep it alive. I do not want to kill something if that is the case.
There are a few ways to handle these deals:
- Just write it – I can write it but if it gets a deal meeting its demise quicker than otherwise, there may be people upset about that.
- Newsletter – I am working on setting up a new newsletter service and can offer a newsletter option that will share these types of deals.
- Private post – I can write it here and make it private so that readers need a password. I can then share the password to people via e-mail, etc.
- Just keep it to myself – I can, of course, just keep it to myself. I really do not want to do that with these deals since they are great money savers. So, I don’t really consider this an option.
Please fill out the poll to give me a sense of what readers prefer. This will be helpful to let me know what the consensus is.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.