A lot of what we enjoy in this hobby involves actually paying for travel – not all of our travel is “free!” But, we are able to leverage various deals to get travel for much cheaper than what it costs most people. Every year around this time, there is something called the Daily Getaways by the US Travel Association. For the next 5 weeks, there will be a new set of deals each weekday that will help you travel with discounts.
Daily Getaways Are Here
Link: Daily Getaways
For some, the Daily Getaways is a surefire way to have at least one blog post every day for the next 5 weeks. 🙂 But, to be honest, I do not find too much value in several of the Daily Getaways and I feel that they are also not that great of a deal for most people. For that reason, I will only write about Daily Getaways that present a great value.
The first Daily Getaways deal will launch at 1PM EDT (each daily deal will launch at that same time each weekday). Some of the deals will literally sell out in seconds (like the elusive Hyatt point deals every year) while others will be sticking around the entire 5 weeks (like IHG points). But, we do get a 2 week outlook at what is coming so that will help you decide if the Daily Getaways deal for that day is something that you would get value from.
Remember – if you cannot make the deal work for you, do not jump on it! Otherwise, you will end up spending more money just to take advantage of this “cheap” deal. In the long run, you may end up spending more for something that would not be your first trip choice just to take advantage of a “cheap” deal. In those cases, the cheap deal took advantage of you!
The week 1 of Daily Getaways runs from April 10 (today) through April 14. Here is what is on the calendar for this first week.
- Monday – Save 50% on your next car rental from Alamo | Pay $25 for a $50 certificate | 2,000 available
- Tuesday – Various hotel packages in Las Vegas
- Wednesday – Various IHG point packages for sale
- Thursday – Theme Park passes
- Friday – One night at any Wyndham for $175 (this means you are buying 15,000 Wyndham points)
The week 2 of Daily Getaways runs from April 17 – April 21. Here is what you can expect next week.
- Monday – 10,000 Best Western points for $55
- Tuesday – Various Omni hotel packages
- Wednesday – Universal Studios Hollywood Front of Line Pass w/admission | $139
- Thursday – Various Caesar hotel packages
- The Spirit of Classic Las Vegas at Bally’s for $315
- See Vegas at New Heights at the LINQ Hotel for $350
- Feel the Fame at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas for $500
- Rio Weekend in Las Vegas for $520
- Beauty on the Marina at Harrah’s Atlantic City for $650
- Caesars Palace Luxury Getaway for 2 in Las Vegas for $1,400
- Friday – Various Loews Hotel and Resort packages
- 2 nights at a luxury Loews hotel for $275
- 2 Nights at a Four Diamond Loews resort for $325
- Ocean view suite at Loews Santa Monica for 2 nights for $950
- 2 nights in a suite at the Loews Regency New York for $1,000
- Ocean view suite at Loews Miami Beach for 2 nights for $1,200
- Bridge-to-Bridge at Loews San Francisco for $1,300
So, look over these various deals to see which ones may work for you! Every morning there is a deal that I think presents some great value, I will write a post about it, complete with details and analysis. Good luck with your Daily Getaways deal hunting!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.