Regular readers know that I am leaving for Dubai this week to run the Dubai Marathon. I am really excited about it as I see it as a redemption race from last year as well as a PR race AND try to bring some of it back for everyone to see and enjoy! A lot to be done in two full days!
So, I thought this made a nice giveaway opportunity. Here is what I am looking for: guess my time for the marathon in Dubai! You do not need to know anything about running to participate in this giveaway – just take a guess in hours and minutes. To give everyone an even chance, here is some pertinent information:
- A marathon is a distance of 26.2 miles
- My slowest marathon (trail marathon) was 5 hours and 11 minutes
- My fastest marathon (St. George – road marathon) was 3 hours and 35 minutes
- Dubai is flat and straight
- Good chance for high temps and humidity (I do not do well in humidity!)
- I am trying a new marathon program this time (so, no experience with it in a marathon yet)
What am I giving away? For the winner of the giveaway, I will be giving away one of four books (winner chooses the book) and one other special item (I will choose that this week). Here are the books: Run! 26.2 Miles of Blisters and Bliss by Dean Karnazes, Advanced Marathoning by Peter Pfitzinger, The Non-Runners Marathon Trainer by David Whitsett, or Hansons Marathon Method: A Renegade Path to Your Fastest Marathon. You will get to choose one.
- I will give a prize to the person who ends up with the closest guess to my actual time.
- You can give your guess in this format: h:mm:ss.
- You do not need to give seconds but in the case of a tie, the winner will be chosen based on how close the guess was in seconds.
- A valid entry would look something like this – 3:35 or 3:35:43
- Each person can enter once per day
- The giveaway will run through Thursday, January 23 at 7:00PM (EST)
- I will contact the winner(s) by Sunday, January 26th
- Have fun and thanks for entering! The race is Friday, January 24th at 7AM (EST + 9 hours). Hope you pull for me! 🙂
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.