Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
Yesterday, United Airlines launched an award sale on economy flights to Europe. While some may not be too excited about it, it is a nice reduction in the standard 60,000 mile award trip to Europe (roundtrip). It is limited to only United flights (no partners) and to certain cities in Europe but is valid from all the United cities in the US.
This sale brings the cost of a roundtrip award ticket to Europe down to 48,000 miles (plus taxes). That is a great price to Europe on an airline with great award availability. If you do not have enough United miles, you can transfer Ultimate Reward points to United instantly at 1:1.
Here are the terms (and the website) – bolding mine:
- Discount is valid only to the following European airports: Amsterdam (AMS), Brussels (BRU), Frankfurt (FRA), Geneva (GVA), Hamburg (HAM), London (LHR), Munich (MUC), Paris (CDG) and Zurich (ZRH).
- Saver Award discount valid only for air travel. Promotion period ends 11:59 p.m. (CT) on December 4, 2014.
- Offer is valid for travel completed between January 12, 2015, and March 12, 2015.
- Discount on Saver Awards to Europe is valid only for travel on United- and United Express®-operated flights and is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- Discount is valid only for travel on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It is not valid for travel on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
- Discounted Saver Award is valid only for travel between the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada, and Europe.
- Discount is valid only for roundtrip travel in United Economy.
- For this offer, a roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the first origin city with all segments on flights operated by United or United Express. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Open jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount (e.g., fly into Chicago O’Hare and out of New York/Newark). Stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
- Tickets must be purchased at least 21 days in advance to qualify for this discount.
- Award pricing is subject to change without notice. This offer cannot be applied to previously issued tickets.
- To see the rest of the terms, check the website here.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.