In a string of previous all-time high card offers from American Express and Chase, we now have the Marriott Business card hitting its all-time high. It is at 100,000 Marriott points which is just fantastic! Here are the details.
100,000 Marriott Points with the Marriott Business Card
The spending requirement has gone up a bit on this one, but it is in line with other business card offers ($5,000 in 3 months). Other than that, it is pretty great – a sign-up bonus of 100,000 Marriott points after meeting the minimum spending.
- Earn 100,000 Marriott points after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months
- 1 free night stay at a Category 1-5 hotel every year after your account anniversary
- 5 points for every $1 spent at over 4,000 Marriott® locations, including our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton
- 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies and restaurants
- 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else
- 15 credits toward your next Elite membership level after account approval and every year after account anniversary
- New! Earn Marriott Gold status after spending $50,000 in an anniversary year
- Earn 1 Elite credit for every $3,000 spent on purchases
- Annual fee of $99 not waived the first year
Marriott Gold with Spending
As you may have noticed, this Marriott business card now comes with a new way to earn Marriott Gold status. To earn it, you need to spend $50,000 in an anniversary year. This is different from some other spending requirements that go by calendar year. It is a nice new perk for those who want the status and can handle the spending! This is better than the old way which (is still available) allowed you to earn 1 elite credit for every $3,000 in spending. You start with 15 credits and then would need to spend over $100,000 to earn the rest of the credits to reach Gold status. So, this new perk is definitely a saver on spending if you use to do that!
Is This Offer Worth It?
I think this is easily the best Marriott offer available and ever available! Yes, you will need to pay the $99 but you are getting 100,000 Marriott points which gives you a lot of options for redemption. Just remember, if you have had a bonus from this card in the last 24 months and/or you currently have it open, you are not eligible for the bonus. Also, remember about the Chase 5/24 rule (even though some are still getting approved).
HT: Doctor of Credit
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.